September 30, 2016

Virtual Homeschool Co-op: Introductions

I am so excited to have found the Virtual Homeschool Co-op this year after watching one of the YouTube video introductions! It is nice that I can do it as a blog post because there is never a quiet moment around here to do a video! So, I am just going to jump write in with answers to all the introduction questions:
Introduce yourself to the community and who you are.

If I haven't said it all ready...Hi, I'm Gina and I am a stay-at-home mamma.I love books, homeschooling, homemaking and cooking. I have been married to my husband Brandon for 13 yrs. We are pretty much homebodies unless we are out and about with the kiddos. 

How long you have been homeschooling?

We have been homeschooling for 7 yrs. 

How many and how old are your homeschool children?

We have four kiddos. We have Hannah 14, Haedon 12, Hudson 5 and Hadlyn 3. All of our oldest kiddos have special needs. Our oldest daughter has bipolar disorder,ocd and some cognitive delay related both to medicine and bipolar itself; our oldest son has high functioning autism, ocd, adhd, global delay and reading disability; our youngest son has moderate autism, sensory processing disorder and global delay (also stating to see some ocd); our youngest daughter appears to be gifted and shows some signs of adhd and ocd. 

What is your Homeschool Mission Statement?

We do not have a written down mission statement, but I believe we are pretty clear on what we feel our mission is. We want to raise our children to serve the Lord, be the best that they can be and meet their needs on a level and in a way that works for them.
What is your homeschool approach?

We are really Eclectic homeschoolers! We are always changing what doesn't work for something that does and we use bits and pieces of everything. All of my children are on different levels, have different learning styles and varying needs so we pick and choose what will be a good tool for our family. 

Where are you located on this planet?

We are located in Southern Illinois! 

How has the social media platforms helped you with your homeschool?

Social media has really been a blessing! We are not able to get out much and using social media has allowed me to connect with others that I can glean wisdom from or just have someone who understands what we are going through. I love the ability to see what others are doing and adapt things that may work for us. Reading other homeschool blogs also gives me lots of encouragement!

What are you excited about getting out of the VHC this year?

I am excited to see what everyone else is up to, get some new ideas and make some new friends along the way!




This blog post is my part of the Virtual Homeschool Coop Channel Collaboration. You can find out more about it at http://www.virtualhomeschoolcoop.com  The goal of the Virtual Homeschool Coop is to build the homeschool community of knowledge with collaborations to give voice to all experiences in homeschooling.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gina! I have a two cousins named Gina. :) My husband's family is of the same Christian denomination as your family. I was raised in a Methodist church, attended a private Catholic school as a Protestant, visited a few yrs at a Baptist church with a high school friend, and attended Church of Christ with my first husband. I'm remarried now. I have four kids and my husband has four kids. I homeschool my youngest daughter due to A.D.D. and a developmental delay. Here's our VHC intro video link:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZdK5bfe6RQ&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z12felczvwnqh5gyu04cfzmhvrmsjnupq5k

    I hope you have a great week and I wish you well. Happy homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete